1. Your private car and guide will pick you up at your hotel at 10:00am.
2. You will first visit Omicho. Known as Kanazawa’s kitchen, Omicho market boasts the finest seafood, seasonal local produce, and Kanazawa’s artisanal foods.
3. Next, you visit Higashiyama. Known as the place to find pleasure, home to temples made to defend Kanazawa, and numerous galleries for emerging and traditional artisans, you’ll walk amidst the architecture and traditions of 17th, 18th, and 19th century Kanazawa.
4. Crossing the Asano River on foot your next stop is: Kazue Machi. One of the traditional geisha districts, we visit its narrow streets and talk about the history and business of this world.
5. Lunchtime! Your private car will take you to lunch in the fine downtown restaurant, Sekitei.
6. You’ll walk off lunch by exploring the downtown sites, such as: Kanazawa Castle Park, Gyokusenin, and Kenrokuen. Within the imposing granite walls and beautiful garden architectures you will feel the ghosts of the samurai Lords as they strategized, cavorted, and lived.
7. Your tour ends at the Turrell Room in the 21st Century Contemporary Museum of Art at 4:30pm. This permanent installation entitled “Blue Planet Sky” is a wonderful location to finish. You’re in the heart of the city and can venture anywhere.