Space and Seclusion, Water and Panorama, Nature and Artifice: The Gardens of Kanazawa
Explore the beautiful and contemplative aspects of gardens in Kanazawa. Revel in the man-made creation of the fleeting natural moments of the seasons. Finish your day with an extraordinary meal, overlooking one of Kanazawa's most beautiful gardens.
1. You’ll picked up by private car and guide at your hotel at 1:00pm.
2. Your first garden is Tentokuin, which was built for a loyal Maeda wife who came from the Tokugawa family when she was three years old. Tamahime died prematurely at 24 and this temple was built by her husband, the third Maeda Lord, in 1623 to honour her. You’ll enjoy tea during this visit.
3. Next is Kenrokuen. Considered one of the big three of all Japanese gardens, the six essential elements of a Japanese garden continue to flourish under exceptional care. You’ll visit several significant spaces and have time to wander on your own.
4. You’ll cross what was once the main moat to get to Kanazawa Castle. The former fortress and living quarters of the feudal era’s Maeda Family, there are many spots to explore.
5. Gyokusenin, the palace for the wife of the Second Maeda Lord was built in 1614, and the garden was started in 1634. Water was finally flowing to the castle by 1632, and its inspiration is visible everywhere. The effects of 55 manmade waterways on Kanazawa’s development are unmistakable.
6. You’ll cross the remnants of another moat to go to Oyama Shrine. Wander among several interesting features, including the unique upper garden.
7．Your car will take you to Gyokusenen for supper in your private room. This extraordinary garden of the Nishida family provides the lighted backdrop for your special evening meal.
8. You’ll be driven back to your hotel for 8:00pm.
2 persons: ¥144,000
3 persons: ¥192,000
4 persons: ¥240,000
Please click this link to contact us if you're looking for the cost for a solo traveller or a group of five or more.
We’ll pick you up at your hotel at 1:00pm.
You’ll be back to your hotel at 8:00pm.
Private Car, Guide, Restaurant Supper, All Entrance Fees, Return to Hotel
Personal Purchases, Supper Beverages
For a full refund or change of date (pending availability), please communicate by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least five days before the scheduled start of your tour. If we receive your cancellation request by email to email@example.com between three and five days before your scheduled tour starts, we’ll refund 50% of your fee (or change your date, if possible). For all requests received less than 72 hours before the scheduled start time of your tour, no refunds or date changes will be issued. Date changes are one-time only and no refunds will be issued after one date change.