1. A private car and guide will pick you up at 10:00 and take you to start your tour at Rokuto no Hiromi in Teramachi. Why was this space made centuries ago?
2. Your first visit is to Korinji, a temple established in 1651 by the Maeda family. This Buddhist temple is renowned for bringing good luck. You’ll explore Korinji’s unique grounds in the good-luck-bringing-way.
3. Walking, you’ll make some stops in Teramachi to discuss its significance and discover its ambiance.
4. Next stop: Sakurabashi Park. Overlooking the Sai River, the park stairs were carved by the stonemasons who built the Kanazawa Castle walls. They also lived nearby.
5. Time for lunch! A private car will take you to dine at the exceptional Sekitei.
6. Zen exploration and reflection at the Suzuki Museum comes after lunch. This tranquil and architecturally-renowned space offers insight into the life and work of DT Suzuki, the professor who was the first to explain Zen to the west. Built near the spot where Dr. Suzuki was born and raised, you’ll find answers, and questions, that you didn’t know you had.
7. Your re-entry into the world won’t be too jarring as we’ll take a garden path to Kanazawa Shrine. Noted as the spot where Kanazawa was founded, this is a sacred Shinto place.
8. This tour ends at the Turrell Room at 4:00pm in the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art. This permanent installation entitled, “Blue Planet Sky”, is a wonderful location to wrap up the spiritual threads of connection between the past and present, nature and humanity, of religion in Kanazawa.